Die Hard! Die Kicking!

My problem is I warp my own memory. I'm addicted to this persona I've created for myself, that of the shy, slightly anxious, diffident boy, who is humble and wordy and pleasant and warm. Of course it's a nice image and evokes warm jumpers and boys bringing you tea and kissing you on the forehead, but why should I make this me when it depresses me?

No, this is a bad habit and it needs to die! I will make those Mountain Goats lyrics my new mantra: "Die hard, die kicking, old habits of mine! Die hard!" I will murder this persona I have created. I will run a stake into its heart. I will become a new man.

One who is unafraid speak up, to seek out, to do! To experience! I will do it. It will be hard -- for all I know, it may not even be me. I don't know who I am, but I've become too addicted to this diffident character I've created for myself, and he needs to go.

Die hard! Die kicking!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SoE update

A Letter To A Friend (On Hedonism)

What Am I Interested In? [The Eternal Question]