Growing Out of Home

Every day of personal growth while living under the roof of my mom teaches me two things: 1) that, like physical growth, personal growth may result in the lack of space between two people. This is why everybody has to move out eventually, but it's occurred to me that it seems ridiculous to arbitrarily make that age 18, when people grow at different paces. I've grown at such a pace that, in principle, I could have moved out at 16 or 17 (my age now), but out of practicality (i.e. the UK seems to think 18 is the golden age for some reason), I've had to wait. University will hopefully become an option soon enough, and I'll be freed.
2) that, despite point #1, personal growth is quite flexible and you can use such growth to attempt to peacefully cohabit with your parents. However, point #1 isn't just to be ignored because of this fact -- personal growth will eventually lead to having to leave, but point #2 is only pointing out that this transition doesn't have to be dramatic, and you can use your growth to not be childish about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SoE update

A Letter To A Friend (On Hedonism)

What Am I Interested In? [The Eternal Question]