My Schedule of Equilibrium
There are 24 hours in a day. Let's remove 7 for sleep. 17 remain. Let's account 30% of the remaining day for procrastination/unbridled free time -- that's roughly 5 hours. 12 hours remain. Now split the remainder of the day in half, 50% study, 50% disciplined creativity.
So the day is split into 4 categories with a certain amount of allocated hours, those being:
Sleep - 7 hours
Disciplined Creativity - 6 hours
Study - 6 hours
Unbridled Free Time - 5 hours
Now, let's discuss in more detail what each category entails. Sleep, naturally, is for sleep. There needn't be more discussion about that.
Disciplined Creativity will include creative pursuits that are too often and too easily procrastinated against, the creative pursuits that require slightly more discipline. They require more motivation than what would fall in 'Unbridled Free Time', but aren't made mandatory by any outside body as in 'Study'. Things include: mainly, reading for myself and writing. At the moment. If I develop more creative interests, the time will be divided accordingly.
Study includes reading for my course and making notes, and attempting to thoroughly understand and motivate myself to be interested. One of my favourite teachers used to make these booklets for us to use to revise from, and I think I might start trying to replicate them for myself, but with whatever I'm studying. I can do this in the allocated 6 hours, along with reading and further research. Time spent in lectures and tutorials are included in this category.
Unbridled Free Time means I can do absolutely anything I want. This means watching TV programmes, talking to friends online, using tumblr, watching films, etc. (Even doing more studying or creative things, if I so desire. Or sleep, even). It also includes things like going out, and I know 5 hours is too strict a time frame for things like that, but this whole plan refers only to weekdays.
This will apply from Mondays to Fridays, and Saturdays and Sundays will be reserved as days of complete Unbridled Free Time.
I haven't allocated any time for things like eating because they are of primordial importance, so time from any of the categories can be used for it. Other things like 'time taken to commute' aren't mutable, so also don't get their own specific categories, but will merely reduce time from some other category (of my choosing).
The target here is equilibrium. All the actions of the day will fall into one of those 4 categories, and having done them, I add it to the time spent doing things from that category. So there is no schedule per se. For example, I may end up watching something for longer than intended, but this will just mean I've used up more Unbridled Free Time hours, and won't be able to do it later.
This kind of 'schedule of equilibrium' gives me more freedom than the tight schedules I've tried before, and yet gives order to my day. I was going to wait for the new year to try it out, but I'm not sure, I might test run it sooner than later.
I'm not certain as to whether I'll implement it during holidays or not. I know I'll still need order to my days even in holidays, but perhaps I will simply revise it to include more Unbridled Free Time and less study, for example. Yeah, I'll consider a revised version for holidays.
This feels like a pseudo-schedule I might actually be able to work with! I'm excited.
So the day is split into 4 categories with a certain amount of allocated hours, those being:
Sleep - 7 hours
Disciplined Creativity - 6 hours
Study - 6 hours
Unbridled Free Time - 5 hours
Now, let's discuss in more detail what each category entails. Sleep, naturally, is for sleep. There needn't be more discussion about that.
Disciplined Creativity will include creative pursuits that are too often and too easily procrastinated against, the creative pursuits that require slightly more discipline. They require more motivation than what would fall in 'Unbridled Free Time', but aren't made mandatory by any outside body as in 'Study'. Things include: mainly, reading for myself and writing. At the moment. If I develop more creative interests, the time will be divided accordingly.
Study includes reading for my course and making notes, and attempting to thoroughly understand and motivate myself to be interested. One of my favourite teachers used to make these booklets for us to use to revise from, and I think I might start trying to replicate them for myself, but with whatever I'm studying. I can do this in the allocated 6 hours, along with reading and further research. Time spent in lectures and tutorials are included in this category.
Unbridled Free Time means I can do absolutely anything I want. This means watching TV programmes, talking to friends online, using tumblr, watching films, etc. (Even doing more studying or creative things, if I so desire. Or sleep, even). It also includes things like going out, and I know 5 hours is too strict a time frame for things like that, but this whole plan refers only to weekdays.
This will apply from Mondays to Fridays, and Saturdays and Sundays will be reserved as days of complete Unbridled Free Time.
I haven't allocated any time for things like eating because they are of primordial importance, so time from any of the categories can be used for it. Other things like 'time taken to commute' aren't mutable, so also don't get their own specific categories, but will merely reduce time from some other category (of my choosing).
The target here is equilibrium. All the actions of the day will fall into one of those 4 categories, and having done them, I add it to the time spent doing things from that category. So there is no schedule per se. For example, I may end up watching something for longer than intended, but this will just mean I've used up more Unbridled Free Time hours, and won't be able to do it later.
This kind of 'schedule of equilibrium' gives me more freedom than the tight schedules I've tried before, and yet gives order to my day. I was going to wait for the new year to try it out, but I'm not sure, I might test run it sooner than later.
I'm not certain as to whether I'll implement it during holidays or not. I know I'll still need order to my days even in holidays, but perhaps I will simply revise it to include more Unbridled Free Time and less study, for example. Yeah, I'll consider a revised version for holidays.
This feels like a pseudo-schedule I might actually be able to work with! I'm excited.
Comments
Post a Comment