Friends and Stories
![]() |
| On the way to town |
Yesterday I spent time with some college friends outside of college for the first time. I enjoyed it. We went to watch Thor with a few of my mates from secondary school, but they were taking their time to arrive at the cinemas, so what we did to kill some time was play this game wherein we conducted a narrative, one sentence at a time: i.e. W. would give a sentence, then D. would, then I would, then back to W.
The story was very bizarre and made it apparent that there's a reason why novels are usually written by one person, as D. pointed out. But it was hilarious and fun. It was the strongest sensation of friendship I had felt in a long time.
We watched Thor and D. came out slating it, claiming it was destroying the film industry and that even our higgledy piggledy, tri-authored story was better than it. Whereas I quite enjoyed it and so we debated about it for quite a while. Although emotions flare when you are defending something that you think positively of, ultimately I think it's a good thing that we debated and reasoned over why we liked or disliked the film. When D. asked my friend from secondary school what he thought of it, my friend simply replied, "I liked it"... and everything was silent for about a minute, D. waiting for some justification, me knowing that one wasn't going to come from him...
All in all, it was an interesting day to view two sets of friends come together, to see how very different they are, to emphasise how much I've changed as well...

Comments
Post a Comment