Schedule of Equilibrium revision

Today marked the first day of my implementation of the Schedule, and it has gone well! It's my best real attempt at a schedule yet. If I could find out a way to measure exactly how long I take on things, it could be an exact science, unfortunately I can't, so it remains inexact, but very useful all the same.

However, today, I noticed one major flaw that in my first proposal I thought I could work around. The flaw is: things like walking from place to place, showering, and preparing meals -- these are things that simply must be accounted for in their own category, because otherwise they illegitimately take too much time from the other categories.

So as a revised version, the equilibrium will run as follows:

Sleep: 7 hours
Study: 5 hours
Disciplined Creativity: 5 hours
Free Time: 5 hours
Miscellaneous: 2 hours

While I do find some things illegitimately lapping over into the time allocated for other things, I find it doesn't matter, as long as I am mostly keeping to the appointed times (hence it not being an exact science).

Another thing that I've found helps is to keep a half-hourly to hourly time journal, keeping track of everything you've done. Thus I know (almost) exactly what time is going to what.

I think I might just be able to keep this up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SoE update

A Letter To A Friend (On Hedonism)

What Am I Interested In? [The Eternal Question]