Prognostics for my A Levels
This is just a post I'm making in order to clear my mind in terms of grades, what I've got so far, and what I need to meet my offer for Edinburgh.
As it stands in Spanish, I have resat my AS reading, writing, and listening exam, and with last year's AS Oral result, I have 160 UMS points. To get a B overall (which is what I need) at A2, my two best options are: to get a low B in my A2 R/W/L and a medium E in my A2 Oral, or get a low C in my A2 R/W/L and a high D (borderline C) in my A2 Oral. That is very doable, bearing in mind that I have not redone my AS Oral, which will give me extra relief.
For clarity, let's give myself the A2 target of: at least a C in the writing paper, and at least a C in the Oral.
For Philosophy, I currently have 165 UMS, and so to get a B overall, I simply need to get Cs in both of my remaining exams. However, I want an A, and so my A2 target is two As.
For Psychology, I have 215 UMS points after my exam in January. This means to get a B overall, I need a medium C in my next exam as a minimum. So, on the safe side, my A2 target for the last exam shall be a B.
To summarise:
For Spanish, I need to get two Cs in my A2 exams.
For Philosophy, I need two Cs also, but I want two As.
For Psychology, I need to get a good C in the next exam, but I target myself a B.
As it stands in Spanish, I have resat my AS reading, writing, and listening exam, and with last year's AS Oral result, I have 160 UMS points. To get a B overall (which is what I need) at A2, my two best options are: to get a low B in my A2 R/W/L and a medium E in my A2 Oral, or get a low C in my A2 R/W/L and a high D (borderline C) in my A2 Oral. That is very doable, bearing in mind that I have not redone my AS Oral, which will give me extra relief.
For clarity, let's give myself the A2 target of: at least a C in the writing paper, and at least a C in the Oral.
For Philosophy, I currently have 165 UMS, and so to get a B overall, I simply need to get Cs in both of my remaining exams. However, I want an A, and so my A2 target is two As.
For Psychology, I have 215 UMS points after my exam in January. This means to get a B overall, I need a medium C in my next exam as a minimum. So, on the safe side, my A2 target for the last exam shall be a B.
To summarise:
For Spanish, I need to get two Cs in my A2 exams.
For Philosophy, I need two Cs also, but I want two As.
For Psychology, I need to get a good C in the next exam, but I target myself a B.
Comments
Post a Comment