Worker's Schedule: Italian Edition

I did some calculations today and discovered that it's possible to still get a high 2:1 or a first overall in my degree even with this miserable, satanic year, but it means I need to try as hard as I can to relieve my future-self. I've been thinking more and more that I would like to just get undergraduate over with instead of changing my degree to full Philosophy. This means, however, that if I want to consider a masters, this year I should be aiming at getting 27s (out of 30) in my Italian exams. I am not optimistic. My language skills are below optimal. The most I can do is focus myself on doing the best that I can, though I'm beset with anxiety and neuroses about this language. And that focus will come in the form of our trust friend, the Worker's Schedule.

Monday

This semester Monday is one of  my lightest days. For now, I don't start until 3pm.  I need to find a good library that I can work peacefully in and work there from 11. From March 16, I'll have a class at 11, so I'll head to that library from the end of that class, i.e. 1pm, and work until the beginning of the other class at 3pm. From 5pm I will work until 7pm and then head home.

Tuesday

On Tuesdays, I begin at 1pm, so I will head to the same library at 11 and work until then. I finish at 5pm and will work until 7pm and then head home.

Wednesday

Wednesdays I begin at 9am. This means I should try to wake up for 7.30, because waking up for 8 or later is a great hazard for me not leaving until 9, when the lecture has started. I have already missed 4 lectures. I will look around the building that my 9am lecture is situated to see if there is study space at which I can work. Seeing as I have no other subjects on this day, I will work until 5pm.

Thursday

Same 9am start, same principle. But on this day my next lecture is at 1pm, so I will only work until then. From then I have lectures until 3pm; then I will go to the library I work at on Mondays and Tuesdays and work until 5pm. Then I will go home.

Friday

The fullest day with a 9am start. I will only work in that free space between 11am and 1pm. I will go home when my day ends at 5pm. By March this will change and I will work from 1pm to 3pm, but still go home right away at day's end.

Each evening I will stop thinking about work, hopefully having done enough during the day, and dedicate two hours to writing and two hours to reading for pleasure. I will set myself a bedtime of 2am for the 11am starts and midnight for when I have to be up by 7.30am.

Weekends will remain free. Perhaps for travel, perhaps not, whatever I can find the bravery to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SoE update

A Letter To A Friend (On Hedonism)

What Am I Interested In? [The Eternal Question]