Operation Regular Blogging, or ORB #1
This year I have posted far less on my blog than usual, mostly because I've been in an emotional rut on account of a fairly terrible year. However, I want to get into the practice of writing frequently again. What's more, I want to train myself to be able to write, to produce a coherent string of words, without too much hesitation and worry about how it will come out. I mostly want this for fiction-writing reasons, but I think by writing more on this blog, I might be able to train that general muscle. So for these reasons, I want to start writing at least once a week on this blog. That is, at least. Ideally I want to write something every day, and that's what I will try to do at first, but I can see in advance that that will be difficult, so I will only give myself the official goal of every week. The topics will range from life experiences to general thoughts, so there won't be much of a deviation from the general themes of this blog, but the posts might be shorter, snappier, or anything really. I'm not sure. We'll see how it goes.
I suppose, I should mention, by way of follow-up to the previous things mentioned here, that I decided to try with that girl. She is now my girlfriend. I don't really know if N before her counted as my first official girlfriend or not, on account of us never having made it clear that that's what we were, but in any case she is either my first or second official girlfriend. I will say second, because the larger number makes me feel better, plus I did feel quite devastated, broken up with, when N said she wanted to end things, so we must have been something.
What else? I think other regular features will include me trying to paint a picture of something interesting that happened in my day, if any such thing did happen, as a writing exercise; and if nothing interesting did happen, I will endeavour to talk about something I've read or some idea I've had.
I think this will be good for me as a general mental exercise.
I'll end this here for now.
I suppose, I should mention, by way of follow-up to the previous things mentioned here, that I decided to try with that girl. She is now my girlfriend. I don't really know if N before her counted as my first official girlfriend or not, on account of us never having made it clear that that's what we were, but in any case she is either my first or second official girlfriend. I will say second, because the larger number makes me feel better, plus I did feel quite devastated, broken up with, when N said she wanted to end things, so we must have been something.
What else? I think other regular features will include me trying to paint a picture of something interesting that happened in my day, if any such thing did happen, as a writing exercise; and if nothing interesting did happen, I will endeavour to talk about something I've read or some idea I've had.
I think this will be good for me as a general mental exercise.
I'll end this here for now.
Comments
Post a Comment