Operation Organisation: Time Management & Excessive Reading

Organisation is still extremely difficult for me, especially when I haven't been in the greatest of moods and have had to do mandatory midterm essays while other work continued to roll in and pile up. It's gotten overwhelming, and I need some kind of personal, internal revolution.

I've come to realise that, in addition to the previous post, perhaps in reaching happiness one has to occasionally work from the outside in, as opposed to my usual attempt at working from the inside out. Perhaps instead of trying to sort out your feelings in order that you can act adequately on them, one needs to simply act as though they had their shit together and the associated feelings will follow naturally, because you will be living the way you wish to, as opposed to merely thinking about how you would like to live. Perhaps they're both valid, but I should like to try out this new method.

So I need another operation organisation. I need to think in schedules and time slots like a few other students I know do. I need to consider what I'll be doing at whatever time and force myself to work at certain periods, and leave myself only certain other periods for leisure activities. But I also need to remind myself that I'm at university because I love philosophy and learning languages (I study Italian too), so I need not see my course-related work as a chore, but instead as something I enjoy. Maybe that way I can keep on top of things.

I need to begin waking up earlier and actually having breakfast before lectures, and perhaps getting in some reading while I'm eating breakfast.

I just need to be reading 10x more than I already read. I need to read so much until I am actually almost sick of reading. Reading needs to become, instead of my feared friend, my beloved enemy.

Yes, I endeavour to read and read and read until my head hurts and I can hardly read any more. This will begin either tonight or tomorrow. My courses are reading-heavy anyway, so it makes sense for this to become my goal.

Time management and excessive reading. Soon I will be back on track.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SoE update

A Letter To A Friend (On Hedonism)

What Am I Interested In? [The Eternal Question]