A Photo Diary; or Another Stab at Real Blogging.

Almost a month ago, it was my 17th birthday. Being from the UK, 17 is quite a useless age, unless you intend to drive, which I don't, but it did take me that one year closer to liberation. Freedom. Independence.

I'm not going to hyperbolise and suggest that I've always been a free soul and begin to whine about our culture's late maturity age. It would make for an interesting blog post, but it wouldn't be truthful. I can't remember how long I've felt the need to be free, to explore. I'm certain that it has developed intensely through my teenage years, which probably has something natural to do with adolescence, but a foggy part of my memory recalls me always being like this. Wanting to see new places, wanting to climb into the most awkward spots to see something wonderful or even just to see it from a different perspective.  I don't know.

But anyway, inspired by Nirrimi's blog, I've decided to start my own photo diary. It won't be as interesting as hers for a while, but that's not the point. All lights shine and glow, despite their intensity or shade; and that's the wonder of photography. It can capture beauty in the most banal of things, because light doesn't discriminate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SoE update

A Letter To A Friend (On Hedonism)

What Am I Interested In? [The Eternal Question]